In these challenging times, we find ourselves in a mental health crisis with a critical need for mental health services and resources to be fully accessible to everyone.
As students are going back to university or college, there is increased stress and anxiety about having to study at home, having to do school on line and not being able to go out and socialize with groups of friends. 75% of people with a mental health disorder are first diagnosed between the ages of 16 and 24.
CMHA, Vancouver-Fraser is sharing the faces and voices of youth with you until the end of 2020. Through their stories, they will help to pave the way for those struggling to feel comfortable reaching out. They are the faces an voices of social change.
CMHA-VF provides children and youth living with mental health challenges with free programs in a safe, supervised space so that they can have these ‘unashamed’ conversations and learn how to cope skills and build resiliency.
We are asking for your help TODAY to provide accessibility to the mental health support everyone deserves.
This is the time when we all come together, to support the mental health of our front line health care workers, of parents and their children, of our seniors, business owners, employees – everyone.
Impact of Your Donations
As we live in this new reality with COVID-19, CMHA-VF finds itself delivering services in new and innovative ways to ensure physical distancing amongst our clients and members.
Your donation will help us provide:
- Critical information, referral services and virtual peer support for accessing mental illness and mental wellness resources.
- Emergency food, housing and hygiene supply grants (accessible to all our program participants, residents and rent supplement recipients).
- Access to free webinars focused on building resiliency and identifying early warning signs of a stress related illness.
- Programs to ensure program participants have access to technology needed to apply for benefits and associated investments in technology so we can continue to offer more services virtually (i.e. our support groups and maybe webinars).
P.S. While we will have to be flexible to adapt to new uncertainties as the pandemic unfolds over the next several months, we know with certainty that the mental health impacts of coronavirus will be profound and far-reaching. We walk beside you today, as we have always done.
You can make a one-time gift or consider becoming a monthly donor.
Honour a friend or loved one with a Tribute Gift
A gift in Honour is a wonderful way to recognize a person in celebration of a special occasion such as a birthday, holiday or marriage. A gift in Memory is a way to remember and honour a loved one who has passed away.
CMHA will notify family members when you make a gift in Memory.
- To make a donation in Honour or in Memory, please contact Sue Griffin, Director of Philanthropy, at 604-872-4902 ext 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a Third Party Event
We love to support community groups and organizations who want to raise funds for mental health! Our team will assist you in promoting your event, selling tickets and taking donations on line so you can focus on the event itself.
When you organize and host a fundraising event—large or small—you raise awareness of mental health and addiction issues in your community while helping CMHA VF support people in finding the help they need.
- Please complete this form to tell us about your fundraiser!
If you don’t find the kind of donation you want to make or the right fit for you, or if you would like to make a gift of securities, life insurance, or make a bequest as part of preparing a will, please contact Sue Griffin, Director of Philanthropy, at 604-872-4902 ext 243 or email@example.com.