With COVID – 19, we find ourselves in a mental health crisis, when there is a critical need for mental health services and resources to be fully accessible to everyone.
Businesses are shutting down, offices are closing, people are working from home and others have lost their jobs. We are afraid, we are worried, anxious and scared.
We are being asked to self-isolate when social connection and belonging are core to good mental health; to come together as a community and to do our part in containing the spread of the virus.
This situation is unprecedented.
We are asking for your help TODAY to provide accessibility to the mental health support everyone deserves. Please give generously.
This is the time when we all come together, to support the mental health of our front line health care workers, of parents and their children, of our seniors, business owners, employees – everyone.
Impact of Your Donations
As we live in this new reality with COVID-19, CMHA-VF finds itself delivering services in new and innovative ways to ensure physical distancing amongst our clients and members.
Your donation will help us provide:
- Critical information, referral services and virtual peer support for accessing mental illness and mental wellness resources.
- Emergency food, housing and hygiene supply grants (accessible to all our program participants, residents and rent supplement recipients).
- Access to free webinars focused on building resiliency and identifying early warning signs of a stress related illness.
- Programs to ensure program participants have access to technology needed to apply for benefits and associated investments in technology so we can continue to offer more services virtually (i.e. our support groups and maybe webinars).
P.S. While we will have to be flexible to adapt to new uncertainties as the pandemic unfolds over the next several months, we know with certainty that the mental health impacts of coronavirus will be profound and far-reaching. We walk beside you today, as we have always done.
You can make a one-time gift or consider becoming a monthly donor.
Honour a friend or loved one with a Tribute Gift
A gift in Honour is a wonderful way to recognize a person in celebration of a special occasion such as a birthday, holiday or marriage. A gift in Memory is a way to remember and honour a loved one who has passed away.
CMHA will notify family members when you make a gift in Memory.
- To make a donation in Honour or in Memory, please contact Sue Griffin, Director of Philanthropy, at 604-872-4902 ext 243 or email@example.com.
Host a Third Party Event
We love to support community groups and organizations who want to raise funds for mental health! Our team will assist you in promoting your event, selling tickets and taking donations on line so you can focus on the event itself.
When you organize and host a fundraising event—large or small—you raise awareness of mental health and addiction issues in your community while helping CMHA VF support people in finding the help they need.
- Please complete this form to tell us about your fundraiser!
If you don’t find the kind of donation you want to make or the right fit for you, or if you would like to make a gift of securities, life insurance, or make a bequest as part of preparing a will, please contact Sue Griffin, Director of Philanthropy, at 604-872-4902 ext 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.